Static

A little over a year ago I clearly heard the Lord saying
"you spend too much time watching tv and not enough time with me."

I didn't want to hear that
(although I knew it was true.)
I chose to ignore it for awhile
but soon surrendered....

I called my satellite provider
and
(gasp)
I cancelled my service
(without even telling my hubby)!

Its been over a year
no satellite
no rabbit ears
just static on the tv screen
(if you were to turn it on)

Yes, we still watch a few shows on the Internet
and
movies from Red Box now and then
but
it is no longer the back ground noise in our house
it is quiet

Without the tv being a constant in our lives
we have a lot more time to grow in Christ.

a lot more time
 for Chad and I to work on our relationship as husband and wife.

a lot more time
to spend with our children

a lot more time
to just enjoy our family

I am not sure it if will stay off forever
but for now, it is clearly the best thing for us!

.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Arms of Jesus

A Season of Change

Disruption.. never an easy choice