A Reason, A Season, a Lifetime

A dear friend sent me a poem about people in our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I am not sure who the author is but I have pondered this poem for sometime as I let go of my daughter to give her true happiness.
Anna Li was put into my life for a reason. She changed my life forever and I will never look at things the same way again. She brought a joy into my life like no other. I love like I never loved before. I am changed.
I believe we were put into her life for a reason. We taught her love. We taught her family. We shared the love of Jesus with her.
She has overcome so much in the year we have had her.
We were her stepping stone...
to get her where she need to be
and now when I see her I see nothing but true happiness.
Anna Li was put into my life for just a season.
We shared, we grew, we learned so much about each other.
We laughed. We cried.
She has taught us more than we could ever teach her.
I knew from the moment I seen her face
that she was a gift from God.
She is an angel sent from heaven and she touches everyone that meets her.
Anna Li will always be part of our lives... forever.
We will never forget her.
We will always be here for her.
We will forever be tied to her and her new family.
I adore them so much.
God is good... even in our darkest hours.
I give Him all the honor, glory, and praise.
I trust Him with my life and
I trust His will for my life.
I will follow where ever He leads.

Comments

  1. Wow, Kristy...that was so incredibly moving. God will no doubt bless you richly for being obedient to Him in adopting Anna Li...then having the courage to let her go when you saw clearly that she was only yours for a season.

    You are a treasure, my friend!

    And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. You truly made my day.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been moved by your experience with Anna Li. We adopted a 13 year old girl from Xining in Jan, 2006. It was an unplanned adoption, but one we could not let go by. We live in Central FL and would like to make contact with Anna Li, if possible. Our Xining beauty still speaks Mandarin. If you wouldn't mind could you share the name of Anna Li's new family and their contact information. We have 3 daughters from China. If it is easier to contact me by email my name is Harvey Lasky, harveylas@yahoo.com. I heard about you from Michelle Bowe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post and how true it is! It is hard to understand the reasons and the seasons but trusting God is what we have to do.

    Hold on tight to our dear Lord! You are a wonderful Mom and child of God!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.
You will never know how much they mean to us!

Popular posts from this blog

In the Arms of Jesus

Disruption.. never an easy choice

Eggstra Special:)