Miami Beach










We said goodbye to Orlando and head south to Miami! We were not able to check in until 4:00pm so we took advantage of getting familiar with the town. We drove down the strip and found "Miami Ink" and "Dash." Then we went to Publix and did some grocery shopping. This is when I realized we were not in C****an any more:) RUDE! I finally had to lose my southern hospitality and get rude back. Imagine me saying in my wonderful southern accent to a Cuban man: "I tried to be nice. I tried to be patient. I tried to be kind.... but apparently you have never heard of something called MANNERS!" (I am pushing his buggy down the aisle as I am saying this). I of course felt bad about it but I stood there for what seemed like a good 5 minutes and excuses me wasn't working and I couldn't get through. So, it was finally time to check in and we hurried down to the beach just as the sun had set. We went for a dip in the ocean and the kids loved it. The water was so warm but I couldn't help but think how many sharks were out there waiting to pull one of us under...yikes! The next morning we got up and revisited the beach just enough for me to get a nice sun tan  burn! We went back to the hotel to freshen up and get ready for our cookout with the Poko's. I could not hardly wait to see them again and spend time with Anna Li. Stay tuned....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Arms of Jesus

A Season of Change

Disruption.. never an easy choice