Top 10 of 2010

So here are the top 10 moments of 2010 that stood out to me. It is weird looking back it seems like some of these happened years ago and others seem just like yesterday. 

1. January 2010 my grandfather passed away unexpectedly. I can remember as a kids spending much of my time in Mississippi at my grandparents. Every time my parents would come to pick me up I would beg to stay just one more week. Such great memories to pass on to my children. I was so happy to see my grandmother's sister, Aunt Louise, was able to make it to the funeral. 
It has been years since I last saw her. 
Papaw, you are greatly missed. I always loved you calling me Kris:)





2. Colin played Upward Basketball for the first time. It was so fun watching him learn, practice, and grow in this sport. He couldn't dribble a ball when he started and on the last game he scored his first goal (I think that is what you call it... or is that soccer?!?!)  


3. Taking an overnight trip to Auburn with my sweet daughter. We attended a math and science expo and it was so much fun! We met some really fun people and learned a lot. It was the highlight of our homeschool year. 


4. Our overnight trip to Guntersville State Park! Chad and the kids got to canoe for the first time! 
I stayed on shore with the baby. We also did a little fishing and hiking. 

5. My little Colin graduated preschool! So, so proud of him!



6. Bethany and her friend Jane Marie went to Girl Scout Camp for the very first time. She was so excited and had lots of fun! However, when it was done... she decided she wasn't a camping kinda gal:)

7. Soccer Season!!! Colin had the best team ever! We had a great group of boys, wonderful parents, and awesome coaches! Bethany's team dominated! This was their best season yet.. #1 in the region!


8. Our trip to Universal Studios! So much better than Disney! Besides Colin getting lost we made some wonderful family memories this trip!


9. Our most memorable moment of the year.... visiting Anna Li! 


10. Celebrating Dylan's first birthday along with Colin's 6th. This whole year has been nothing but a joy watching this little boy grow and learn. He has been quick to get teeth, pretty quick to crawl, but I just didn't think he was ever going to walk! He loves his daddy! He is a scaredy cat! He is most definitely a cry baby! I am thankful the baby stages are over for him and very much enjoying the toddler stage!

Ok, maybe I should a done the top 20... or 30. We have had a really great year! Bethany is attending a wonderful school and has lots of good friends. Colin is enjoying Kindergarten and doing so good at it.  Chad was blessed with a new job and now has weekends off!!! We found out we are expecting our 4th child! And the Lord has lead us to a wonderful church family in Birmingham. 

What I hope for 2011...
We get our house on the market and it sells quickly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Arms of Jesus

A Season of Change

Disruption.. never an easy choice