Sleepy Head

I am so tired today!
Dylan kept us up all night.
I am not sure if it is teething or the stuffy nose..
or both
but I pray we get some sleep tonight.
We tried Tylenol last night
but it seemed to just boost his energy
instead of giving him some relief.
I am so thankful for my husband
for taking shifts with me.
I was up until 2am
and Chad took the 2-4am shift.
I think he gave out sometime after 4am
and we got a little sleep
before getting up for work.
Oh the joys of parenthood:)
_______________________
I have also made the decision NOT to quit work right now.
I know, I know.. I am heartbroken over this.
There is nothing I want more than to be a stay at home mom.
BUT
let's face it
the economy stinks!
I have a good job with good benefits.
We are just not where we need to be in order for me to quit....
BUT
I will stay optimistic.
I will continue to pray for Chad a full time teaching position.
I will work really hard to pay down our debt.
AND
I will reevaluate things this fall.
Bethany is still being home schooled.
Chad is home during the week to help her.
I get to do special projects with her when I get home from work.
She is doing really well.
She use to hate to read and now she loves it:)
She is doing great in math but still needs to brush up on her multiplication tables.
She is learning so much about the East in History
and doing lots of projects.
We just finished China! She made a model of the Great Wall, learned to write 1-10 in Chinese Characters, and is a champ at Chinese Chess.
We love the Sonlight Curriculum.
It is very demanding but she is learning so much.
We are going to focus more on writing, spelling, and vocabulary this next semester.
Those are her weak spots.
So, we are hanging in there.
We are still struggling with the loss of Anna Li
but God will carry us through.
Tonight Chad and Colin is going to the movies
and Bethany, Dylan, and I are going Christmas shopping.
Tomorrow night Chad, Colin, and Dylan will stay home
and it will be Bethany and Mom's time
for the movies.
It was the only way to work it so we wouldn't have to have Dylan with us.
He just isn't crazy about the movies... too loud for his little ears:)
Tomorrow we have an eye appointment for Bethany...new glasses:)
Next week.. another hearing test for Dylan...
let's pray he passes this one!

Comments

  1. Wishing you all a very merry christmas.

    Kind regards from Miami,

    Carol and Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.
You will never know how much they mean to us!

Popular posts from this blog

In the Arms of Jesus

A Season of Change

Disruption.. never an easy choice